All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.81
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $19.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe Historical House is a unique trilogy of vels by three highly regarded authors. Each vel charts the life and times of the house at 6 Chelsea Walk, London, and the girls who lived there through three important periods of history. Sypsis It is 1941: London is suffering from the Blitz and the country is gripped by patriotic fervour. Josie finds it hard to understand her brother's decision to be a conscientious objector, especially as it causes trouble for their family. But when she moves to a new school and gets drawn into tormenting one of her classmates, Josie learns what it means to stand up for her own beliefs.
- Author BiographyAuthor biography Ann Turnbull was born in Hertford during the Second World War. Since 1974 she has written more than 25 books for children, specializing in stories with historical backgrounds. In 1992 her novel, Pigeon Summer, was shortlisted for both the Smarties Award and the WHSmith Mind-Boggling Book Award.
- Author(s)Ann Turnbull
- PublisherUsborne Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication19/11/2004
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleThe Historical House
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUsborne Publishing Ltd
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Interest Age9+
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.