Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionDoctor Horrible, Jayne Cobb, Oz, Fitz-Simmons, Echo, Pike, Saffron, Kaywinnet, the Groosalugg, Skip, Satsu, Dana Polk, Perfect Jheung, Icarus, the Siphon, Edna Giles, Dandelion Naizen, and especially Buffy the Vampire Slayer. With Whedon's superhero names, goddess names, flower names, saint's names, and dozens of British names, he's filling his world with references from Shakespeare to manga, delighting fans who look closer. Which names repeat the most? Which characters have secret links? Examining Whedon's naming through his five shows, plus his movie scripts and dozens of comics, reveals fascinating patterns for his dedicated followers.
- Author BiographyValerie Estelle Frankel is the author of many nonfiction books: Buffy and the Heroine's Journey From Girl to Goddess: The Heroine's Journey in Myth and Legend Katniss the Cattail: An Unauthorized Guide to Names and Symbols in The Hunger Games The Many Faces of Katniss Everdeen: Exploring the Heroine of The Hunger Games Harry Potter, Still Recruiting: An Inner Look at Harry Potter Fandom Teaching with Harry Potter Myths and Motifs in The Mortal Instruments Winter is Coming: Symbols, Portents, and Hidden Meanings in A Game of Thrones Once a lecturer at San Jose State University, she's a frequent speaker on fantasy, myth, pop culture, and the heroine's journey and can be found at http: //vefrankel.com.
- Author(s)Valerie Estelle Frankel
- PublisherLitcrit Press
- Date of Publication07/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLitcrit Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.