All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book, a special issue of the Journal of Research on Adolescence, includes a number of invited contributions by international leaders in the interdisciplinary field of adolescence development. Each paper is intended to review a major subfield of study within the interdisciplinary field of adolescence studies. Each article reviews scientific and scholarly research published during the first decade of the 21 st century (2000-2010). Authors were asked to consider contributions from multiple disciplines, and to review important and influential theoretical methodological invations, and key empirical findings with attention to diversity in representations and populations of adolescents. The Decade in Review issue has the potential for becoming a signature contribution of JRA. As such, the Decade in Review will further establish JRA as the premier journal in the field, and will be an anchor for the journal's impact factor. With a diverse set of topics and contributors, the issue could attract a national and international new readership to the journal and potential membership for the Society. Established scholars and undergraduate and graduate students will cite the papers in their scholarly work in the next decade and beyond.
- Author BiographyStephen T. Russell is Professor and Fitch Nesbitt Endowed Chair in Family and Consumer Sciences in the John & Doris Norton School of Family and Consumer Sciences at the University of Arizona, and Director of the Frances McClelland Institute for Children, Youth, and Families. Stephen conducts research on adolescent pregnancy and parenting, cultural influences on parent-adolescent relationships, and the health and development of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) youth. He is President-Elect of the Society for Research on Adolescence. Noel A. Card, Ph.D. is an associate professor in Family Studies and Human Development at the University of Arizona. His interests are in both social development and quantitative methods, and especially at the interface of these two disciplines. His substantive research is in social development, especially peer relations and aggressive behavior during childhood and adolescence. Elizabeth J. Susman is the Jean Phillips Shibley Professor of Biobehavioral Health in the Department of Biobehavioral Health at The Pennsylvania State University. Dr. Susman s research program integrates biological and psychological development in children and youth. Specifically, it focuses on the psychobiology of puberty, stress and antisocial behavior. She is Past President of the Society for Research on Adolescence (SRA) and tthe recipient of the John P Hill Award for excellence in research on adolescence. She was co-editor of the Journal of Research on Adolescence and has been a consulting editor for numerous scientific journals and has been a member of multiple government peer review and policy groups. She is currently a member of the National Academies of Science, Committee on the Science of Adolescence and is a member of the Governing Council of the Society for Research on Child Development.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/04/2011
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleJournal of Research on Adolescence
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight736 g
- Width209 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byElizabeth Susman,Noel A. Card,Stephen T. Russell
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.