All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Journal to Stella, Jonathan Swift's letters to Esther Johnson, or 'Stella', and Rebecca Dingley, written between September 1710 and June 1713, offers an extraordinary commentary on Swift's experiences in London during the most politically active and exciting years of his career and evidence of his evolving relationship with the two women. This edition seeks for the first time both to situate the letters alongside Swift's other works and to place them within their original political, historical and cultural contexts. It brings together a combination of printed work and manuscript to present the most complete and accessible text possible, enhanced by the use of the latest digital image analysis techniques to reinstate previously indecipherable material. In addition to a new critical introduction and appendices, there is also a biographical appendix derived from recently available resources.
- Author BiographyAbigail Williams is a University Lecturer, Tutor and Lord White Fellow of St Peter's College at the University of Oxford.
- Author(s)Jonathan Swift
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication05/12/2013
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleThe Cambridge Edition of the Works of Jonathan Swift
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note13 b/w illus.
- Weight1570 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byAbigail Williams
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.