Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJournalism Online tackles the pressing question of how to apply fundamental journalism skills to the online medium. It provides an essential guide to the Internet as a research and publishing tool. In particular, it examines how to forge key journalism skills with the distinctive qualities of the World Wide Web to provide compelling web content. Trainee and practicing online journalists will learn: - core journalism skills of identifying, collecting, selecting and presenting news and information; - multimedia skills such as audio recording and editing; - online research methods including use of search tools, newsgroups and listservs; - story construction and writing for the Web; - an introduction to HTML; - web site design for the effective use of content. Journalism Online takes the best of the 'new' and 'old' media to provide an essential primer for this emerging discipline. Leading web designers such as Jakob Nielsen rub shoulders with established journalists like Harold Evans in the search for clear guidance in this rapidly developing field. It also provides a useful insight for n-news organisations into how to prepare and present effective web content and avoid the deepest pitfall of the online world - being igred. Supplementary resources can be found on the book's supporting web site www.journalismonline.co.uk, which features additional exercises, useful links and reviews.
- Author BiographyMike Ward is head of Journalism at the University of Central Lancashire in Preston. A former BBC journalist, he has taught journalism for 14 years. He led the development of the first full undergraduate course in journalism in the UK and, more recently, the University's ground-breaking MA in Online Journalism.
- Author(s)Andy Dickinson,Mike Ward
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/02/2002
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.