All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBook Five in the 6-book series Journey in the Mind's Eye of a Poet: A Search for Faith, The Source, is the manifestation of the author's gradual realization that he was well on his way to building a faith of his own based on a willingness to make decisions and choices about his beliefs about God and his relationship to Him. In this process, Prewit saw himself standing on the crest of a mountain looking out over the landscape, where its crest represented the reward of his inner struggle and the accomplishment of having given himself permission to believe in God the way he wanted-and then having the will to live that new way of life. Building a faith of his own showed him the reality of the fallibility of all religions and spiritual beliefs, and the fear and denial these beliefs can cause. It was only when facing the fact that all beliefs-even his own-had faults that he began to find the peace he sought. Surprisingly, it was t the fact of any theology's failings that had caused him concern, but the inability to admit to their existence. Now he accepts that all spiritual beliefs have failings and that what we do t kw of God may never be revealed, and to this day believes that how we come to this place in life matters little, but rather what is in our heart, mind, and spirit, and how it is projected into the world.
- Author BiographyTony Prewit was born in Stamford, Texas in 1954 and then moved with his family at the age of eight to Silver City, New Mexico. He has earned both bachelor's and master's of arts degrees and has traveled extensively throughout the United States as a musician. Besides his interest in poetry, the author has written, directed, and performed in several plays and as a mime actor. In addition, he is an artist who delves in photography, charcoals, pastels, and watercolors. Art is his private therapy. For over thirty-five years the author kept a jounal of poetry that chronicled his most secret, inner struggles with his belief in God. During that time he lived what seemed to be a fairly normal life-traveling, going to school, marrying, and owning a retail furniture company. This journal, however, does not chronicle his normal life, but his struggles with belief. He believes many people have these same kinds of inner challenges with life, and this journal brings to the forefront the reality of these challenges. Since 1978 he has lived with his wife Pat, a classical pianist, in Silver City, New Mexico, the place he considers home for its culture, land, seasons, and people.
- Author(s)Tony Prewit
- PublisherRidgeline Press
- Date of Publication09/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRidgeline Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.