All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
About this product
- DescriptionJourney In The Sun It's August, 1932, during the downswing of the Great Depression. Jobs are scarce, the necessities of life are hard come by, and a dollar looks as big as a wagon wheel. In the peaceful countryside of East Texas, young John Templeton learns that a neighbor, Quirt Rankin, has been abusing his four daughters-and that the abuse is escalating. Equipped with a Barlow knife, a keen sense of justice, and thirty-eight cents, John offers to take the girls to Salt Lake City, Utah, to be with their mother. Slight of build, John hardly looks like a hero, but he has a hero's determination. The task before him seems impossible, but it needs to be done-and one else is going to do it. The journey is hard, and often perilous, as John protects the girls from the elements and from people who would do them harm. Sometimes faith and purpose are all John and his charges have to keep them going - but somehow, it's eugh. Pink Brown Lindsey's book, based on a true story, is captivating and will keep you reading till the end and wanting more!
- Author BiographyPink Brown Lindsey (Feb. 26, 1926 - Oct. 13, 1993) spent 10 years writing and rewriting Journey in the Sun, based on a true story, with pen and pencil, PB (as he was known to friends) witnessed a confrontation between the girls' father and the hero of the novel. Mr. Lindsey grew up in Upshur County Texas and was a graduate of Gilmer High School. P.B. Lindsey served in the army from 1944 - 1946 and was awarded ETO Ribbon with 2 Stars, GC Medal and Combat Inf. Badge. He attended Southern Methodist University in Texas briefly. Prior to writing Journey in Sun Pink Lindsey Brown had several short stories published. The publication of Journey in the Sun is the fulfillment of a verbal promise made to PB by his best friend Billy Jack Hogg.
- Author(s)Pink Brown Lindsey
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication25/05/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight395 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.