Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explains the principles of Mindfulness, a meditation cognitive therapy, and shows how its rituals can help you find a path to better living. Living in the moment can be harder than we think in a tech-filled world of to-do lists. This gentle guide shows you easy, enjoyable and effective ways to slow down and develop awareness of your thoughts, actions and the environment. Exercises include step-by-step breathing and sound meditations, eating, walking meditations and movement sequences inspired by chi gong, tai chi and yoga to bring the mind and body into the present moment. In this fully illustrated book by leading mindfulness educator and author Dr Patrizia Collard, discover the meditations and body moves to combat stress and anxiety, deal with fear and procrastination, eat better, manage change, love more and ultimately feel the joy of being 'in the w'. Learn mindful eating, how to get out of a low mood, what to do with anger, how to embrace aging, brilliant stress-reduction techniques, how to get beyond fear.
- Author BiographyDr Patrizia Collard is a leading mindfulness educator, and a cognitive-behavioural psychotherapist and senior lecturer in integrative psychotherapy and counselling at the University of East London. She offers private mindfulness-based therapy on anxiety, depression, stress, pain management and addiction, and courses and training for individuals and business in Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT). She began her training in Mindfulness-based approaches in 1995 at Bangor University, Wales, studying the work of John Kabat-Zinn, the founder of Mindfulness meditation. She then lived in Hong Kong and China for nine years, where she developed a uniquely holistic approach, studying Taoism, Buddhism, energy work, meditation and Yoga.
- Author(s)Dr. Patrizia Collard
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintGaia Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date15/01/2016
- Content Note85 colour photographs and illustrations
- Weight510 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.