All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith an animated fable, the Journey to Newland storybook provides readers with a cast of memorable characters, a captivating story, and a common language to deal with difficult and often emotionally sensitive issues in negotiating change within their organizations. The allegory follows a group of animal characters through uncharted territory, from Oldland to Newland. Each animal represents a different type of work personality; navigating such metaphorical places as Nostalgia Desert, Transition Valley, and Leverage Lake, the teama comprised of Eagle, Owl, Lion, Dolphin, and Anta finds a way to survive, even thrive, by leading change. Praise for Journey to Newland: Journey to Newland skillfully and creatively illustrates the process, principles, and capabilities required for successful transformational change. -- Bob Pettus, retired vice chairman of the board, Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated This unique tale presents a solution for developing strategic leaders who can excel in this era of transformation. -- Peter Kao, president and CEO, American Management Association China This story provides change leaders and teams with an impartial and unifying platform to deal with behavioral challenges that might otherwise undermine a well-intended change effort. -- Jeffery Tan, director, Corporate Training and Professional Development, Singapore Institute of Management The storybook succinctly defines the hard and soft side of transformation and the associated processes. -- Folkert Castelein and Vivek Ratna, Global Learning Group, The Netherlands Journey to Newland teaches those essential competencies required to be a successful change leader. -- Greg Gray, CEO Gray Training, South Africa Using the story and the process behind it allowed our company to evolve in both our revenues and our leadership culture. -- Angela Y. Bauer, owner, Tropical Nut and Fruit
- Author BiographyBill Poole, CEO, president, and founder of LifeLead International, has more than twenty years of experience as a personal, team, and organizational consultant; coach; speaker; and author. His organization's website can be found at www.lifeleadint.com.
- Author(s)Bill Poole,Daryl Holt
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication24/08/2007
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteill
- Weight164 g
- Width128 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Andy Dorsett
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.