All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Journey to the Centre of the Earth , an obsessive German professor and his nephew travel towards the earth's core in the steps of a medieval explorer beneath an Icelandic volca where they discover a lost world. Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea is famous for its portrayal of the Byronic Captain Nemo and his submarine, the Nautilus, in which he explores the ocean while wreaking vengeance on mankind for their wickedness. In Around the World in Eighty Days , a starchy Englishman suspected of robbing the Bank of England accepts a bet that he cant circumnavigate the globe in that time, and proceeds to do so, accompanied by his resourceful valet, Passepartout. The three vels combine fantasy and rich local colour with true learning and cod science in a mixture which attracts readers of all ages.
- Author BiographyJules Gabriel Verne was a French author who pioneered the science fiction genre. He is best known for his novels Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, Journey to the Center of the Earth, and Around the World in Eighty Days INTRODUCER BIOGRAPHY: Michael Sheringham is Marshal Foch Professor of French Literature and Fellow of All Souls, Oxford.
- Author(s)Jules Verne
- Date of Publication05/09/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman's Library
- Weight760 g
- Width40 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine138 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.06
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.