All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether it is memories of childhood holidays or exotic fantasies of faraway places, a sea and its coast forms the most evocative of landscapes. Combining elements of romance, danger and mystery, it provides the perfect inspiration for this unique collection. The finest writers from our water-bound nation, including Alexander McCall Smith, Ruth Rendell, Joanne Harris, Joseph O'Conr and Libby Purvis, give us their accounts of adventures and chance encounters, short stories and n-fiction pieces representing the many facets of the sea's power that will haunt and inspire. The collection also includes gripping accounts of real-life adventures on the ocean from such experienced sailors as Sir Robin Kx-Johnston, First Sea Lord Admiral Sir Alan West and Tracy Edwards. A literary tribute to the last earthly frontier - the ocean.
- Author BiographySarah Brown, wife of Gordon Brown, is President of the charity PiggyBankKids, which she founded in 2002. PiggyBankKids has launched the Jennifer Brown Research Fund to seek solutions to pregnancy difficulties and help save newborn lives, and supports a wide range of charitable projects which create opportunities for children and young people. Sarah and Gordon live in Fife and London with their sons. Gil McNeil is Publishing Director for PiggyBankKids and has worked in advertising, the film business and publishing. She is the bestselling author of The Only Boy for Me, Stand by your Man, In the Wee Small Hours and Divas Don't Knit. She lives in Canterbury with her son. Hugo Tagholm is Programme Director for PiggyBankKids. Hugo has worked in public relations and events management with a wide range of organisations, including the National Gallery, the Art Fund and the BBC. He lives in Camden Town and spends most of his spare time wakeboarding or chasing waves along the north Devon coast.
- Author(s)Gil McNeil,Hugo Tagholm,Sarah Brown
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication07/04/2005
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Weight235 g
- Width125 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.