All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is for every grandparent, parent, and grandchild. (If you are t one of these, please do t read this book!) You will want to share it with your family and friends and pass it along. Dr. Larry S. Harte has forged through life wanting to succeed, enjoy, and give back to his community, and in this book, he accomplishes all three goals. It's a delightful assortment of shared experiences and insights about life, history, philosophy, relationships, family, travel, and other passions. During prolonged walks and talks with his adored and adorable grandchildren, Harte reveals t only the man but the times he has lived through and the lessons he has learned. Harte's journey takes his grandchildren and readers through Brooklyn of the 1930s and '40s, moving on through school, college, the Air Force, and eventually his career as a leader in the field of orthodontics. Also included are a collection of Harte's original essays, speeches, quips, poems, and even orthodontic brochures, all of which brim with avuncular humor. Ultimately, his portrayal is one of a dedicated family man who wants to inspire his children, grandchildren, and grandchildren all over the world to find their dreams and pursue them with gusto. This book is about the author's family, but also your family.
- Author BiographyLawrence S. Harte is an orthodontist who has served in leadership positions in Washington, DC and elsewhere, has lectured internationally, and whose writing has appeared in the New York Times. From his home base in New Jersey, Dr. Harte is an avid world traveler, sailor, magician and story-teller and a devoted father of three children.
- Author(s)Lawrence S Harte
- PublisherWhite Poppy Press
- Date of Publication18/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhite Poppy Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight762 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.