All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis book should be at the side of every particle and nuclear physics graduate student and professional. Journeys Beyond the Standard Model starts with a detailed and modern account of the Standard Model of elementary particle physics, the paradigm of particle physics for the last twenty years. Its timely release coincides with the recent dramatic discovery that the neutri has a finite mass, which is the first indication that the Standard Model is an incomplete description of fundamental physics at short distances. This book presents in detail three possible generalizations of the Standard Model: its extension to accommodate neutri masses; its extension to avoid CP violation in the strong interactions by introducing a new particle, the axion; and finally, its generalization to low-energy supersymmetry, which provides a link between the standard model and Einstein's theory of general relativity.This graduate text complements the author's previous book, Modern Field Theory: A Primer, which focuses on the methodology of particle physics. Its aim is to give students and professional physicists alike a thorough understanding of the phemena described by the Standard Model, while keeping track of the most recent and cutting-edge principles of elementary particle physics.
- Author BiographyPierre Ramond is the Director of the Institute for Fundamental Theory at the University of Florida. He is a Fellow of both the American Physical Society and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- Author(s)Pierre Ramond
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication01/08/2003
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleFrontiers in Physics
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestview Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight462 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.