CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
About this product
- DescriptionAustralia's centre and rth are a world apart from its big coastal cities. Here one finds unique natural wonders, visionary art, original thinkers and, sometimes, distilled despair and death. In Journeys to the Interior, Nicholas Rothwell travels deep into the rthern realm, combining the storytelling flair and persistence of a journalist with the imagination of an artist. Following on from the acclaimed Ather Country, this book contains haunting and perceptive portraits, of, among others, Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu, Ian Fairweather, Noel Pearson and Galarrwuy Yunupingu. There are explorations of the natural world - of pythons, desert oaks and magpie geese. And there are wonderful introductions to the art and artists that bring the rthern landscape to life and transform it, whether through painting, dance or photography.
- Author BiographyNicolas Rothwell is the award-winning author of Wings of the Kite-Hawk, The Red Highway and Another Country. He is the northern correspondent for The Australian.
- Author(s)Nicolas Rothwell
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication04/01/2010
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintBlack Inc.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight464 g
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.