All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoyce Cary once wrote that All my books are part of one expression: that is, they are like different chapters in one work, showing different angles of a single reality. In exploring this central idea, Joyce Cary's Creative Imagination illuminates the work of this great modern Anglo-Irish writer. It analyzes as well Cary's sometimes misunderstood ideas about women, art, politics, religion, Ireland, and British imperialism in Africa, using his central theme to show the consistency and coherence of these mir aspects of his thought. The lively discussions of Cary's poems and lesser vels may lead to the rediscovery of these unfairly neglected works.
- Author(s)Edwin Ernest Christian
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/1988
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies Series 4: English Language and Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number68
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1988
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight420 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.