All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive assessment of the influence Joyce's interest in medicine had on his work. This is the first sustained study of Joyce's artistic uses of turn-of-the-century medical discourses. It balances close readings of Joyce's major texts with thorough archival research into late nineteenth- and early twentieth-century medical debates. The result is a fascinating book that details the ways in which Joyce reconciled, integrated, and blurred the boundaries between scientific and humanist learning.
- Author BiographyVike Martina Plock is lecturer in English literature at Northumbria University.
- Author(s)Vike Martina Plock
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleFlorida James Joyce
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.