All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGreat Shakespeareans offers a systematic account of those figures who have had the greatest influence on the interpretation, understanding and cultural reception of Shakespeare, both nationally and internationally. In this volume, leading scholars assess the contribution of James Joyce, T.S. Eliot, W.H. Auden and Samuel Beckett to the afterlife and reception of Shakespeare and his works.Each essay assesses the double impact of Shakespeare on the figure covered and of that figure on the understanding, interpretation and appreciation of Shakespeare, providing a sketch of its subject's intellectual and professional biography and an account of the wider cultural context.
- Author BiographyAdrian Poole is Professor of English Literature at the University of Cambridge, UK and a Fellow of Trinity College, UK. His books include Tragedy: A very short introduction (OUP) and Shakespeare and the Victorians (Arden).
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication22/03/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleGreat Shakespeareans
- Series Part/Volume NumberVolume XII
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight519 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAdrian Poole
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.