All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides suggestions for successful learning experiences, and is ideal for inclusive classrooms and learners with a wide range of abilities, including cultural or linguistic differences. The authors present techniques for using differentiation, active learning, and personalized instruction that enable teachers to use sound teaching practices and engage students in discussion, debate, creative thinking, questioning, teamwork, and collaborative learning.
- Author BiographyDr. Alice Udvari-Solner is a national consultant in education and holds an appointment at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction where she has prepared preservice teachers to work in inclusive settings for over three decades. The graduate and undergraduate courses she teaches on the topic of accommodating diverse learners in general education settings are integral to the elementary, secondary, and special education teacher certification programs. Universal Design for Learning (UDL), differentiation, assistive technologies, collaborative teamwork among educators and paraprofessionals, and systems change toward inclusive education are areas that are central to her research and teaching. Dr. Udvari-Solner's research has focused on the development of the Universal Design Process for Differentiation-a method used to promote co-planning among educators to design responsive strategies for diverse learners. She had authored numerous journal articles and her work has been featured in multiple texts which include: Leading Inclusive Schools, Educating Students with Severe and Multiple Disabilities: A Collaborative Approach, Creating the Inclusive School, Inclusive Urban High Schools, Quick Guides to Inclusion, Restructuring for a Caring & Effective Education, , and Creativity & Collaborative Learning. Dr. Paula Kluth is a consultant, author, advocate, and independent scholar who works with teachers and families to provide inclusive opportunities for students with disabilities and to create more responsive and engaging schooling experiences for all learners. Paula is a former special educator who has served as a classroom teacher and inclusion facilitator. She is the author or co-author of more than 15 books including Universal Design Daily, 30 Days to the Co-Taugth Clasroom (with Julie Causton), From Text Maps to Memory Caps: 100 Ways to Differentiate Instruction in K-12 Inclusive Classrooms (with Sheila Danaher), Don't We Already Do Inclusion? : 100 Ways to Improve Inclusive Schools, You're Welcome: 30 Innovative Ideas for the Inclusive Classroom (with Patrick Schwarz), and You're Going to Love This Kid : Teaching Students with Autism in Inclusive Classrooms. To learn more about Paula, visit her personal Web site: www.paulakluth.com. Learn more about Paula on her webpage: www.paulakluth.com. You can also connect with her on social media including on Facebook (www.facebook.com/paulakluth); Twitter (twitter.com/PaulaKluth); and Pinterest (www.pinterest.com/paulapin).
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication12/02/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight458 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byAlice Udvari-Solner,Paula M. Kluth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.