All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this remarkable sequel to his book, The Joy of Living , Buddhist scholar and teacher Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche explores the role of positive thinking and how to overcome anxiety in everyday life. Joyful Wisdom is divided into three parts, the way traditional Buddhist texts are organized. Part one offers an overview of the basic unease we feel, how it evolved, its true source. Part Two describes the methods of meditation that transforms our experiences into deeper insights. Part Three explores the application of these methods to emotional, physical, and personal problems. Each chapter is underlined by examples drawn from Yongey Mingyur's personal experience, the stories of friends and teachers, and in particular the conversations with people he's met during the 12 years he has spent teaching around the world.
- Author BiographyYongey Mingyur Rinpoche is a highly respected scholar and teacher and is best known for his ability to address our human weaknesses with deeply personal understanding and compassion. Editor and translator Eric Swanson is the author of two novels and after converting to Buddhism he wrote Karmapa, the Sacred Prophecy and What the Lotus Said.
- Author(s)Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication04/03/2010
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Books (Transworld Publishers a division of the Random House Group)
- Weight214 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.