All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe Air Force currently spends approximately $10 million dollars annually on fuel support for the U-2 aircraft. The U-2 has used a jet fuel kwn as JPTS since the aircraft's development in the 1950's. JPTS is a specialty fuel used only by the U-2 and is produced by two oil refineries in the United States. As such, it has limited worldwide availability and costs over three times the per-gallon price of the Air Force's primary jet fuel, JP-8. Recent research performed at the Air Force Research Laboratory Propulsion Directorate suggests that additives could be added to JP-8, which would make it a suitable low-cost replacement for JPTS. The additive-enhanced fuel has come to be kwn as JP-8+100LT.
- Author(s)Christian G Simms
- Date of Publication17/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight136 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.