All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn New York Times bestselling author Walter Dean Myers's final vel, he delivers a gripping story based on the life of a real dancer kwn as Master Juba, who lived in the nineteenth century. This engaging historical vel follows the meteoric rise of an immensely talented young black dancer, William Henry Lane, who influenced today's tap, jazz dance, and step. With meticulous and intensive research, Walter Dean Myers has brought to life Juba's story. The vel includes photographs, maps, and other images from Juba's time, as well as an afterword from Walter Dean Myers's wife, Constance Myers, about the writing process of Juba!
- Author BiographyWalter Dean Myers was the New York Times bestselling author of Monster, the winner of the first Michael L. Printz Award; a former National Ambassador for Young People's Literature; and an inaugural NYC Literary Honoree. Myers received every single major award in the field of children's literature. He was the author of two Newbery Honor Books and six Coretta Scott King Awardees. He was the recipient of the Margaret A. Edwards Award for lifetime achievement in writing for young adults, a three-time National Book Award Finalist, as well as the first-ever recipient of the Coretta Scott King-Virginia Hamilton Award for Lifetime Achievement.
- Author(s)Walter Dean Myers
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication12/01/2017
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmistad Press
- Weight154 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 13
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.99New
- AU $71.82New
- AU $91.13New
- AU $79.26New
- AU $49.25New
- AU $21.55New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.90Trending at AU $30.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.37
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.26
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $74.56Trending at AU $83.11
- AU $19.17Trending at AU $20.87
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $19.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.