All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Flusser was a very prolific scholar of the Dead Sea Scrolls, and his contributions to Scrolls research, apocalypticism, and apocalyptic literature are inestimable. Now with this English translation of many of his essays, Flusser's insights are available to a wider audience than ever before. Here Flusser examines the influence of apocalypticism on various Jewish sects. He states that the teachings of Jesus, while reflecting first and foremost the views of the sages, are also influenced by Jewish apocalypticism. Examining the Essenes, their effect on Hebrew language, the split of sects, and much more, Flusser's collected essays offer an important source of study for any Dead Sea Scrolls scholar.
- Author BiographyDavid Flusser (1917- 2000) was professor of early Christianity and Judaism of the Second Temple Period at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, a member of the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities and a recipient of the National Israel Prize in 1980 for his academic achievements.
- Author(s)David Flusser
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication21/12/2007
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Weight744 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Translated byAzzan Yadin
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.