All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionJudge* Hoff, Jesus Loves You, but the Rest of Us Think You're an A**hole! is Agatha Hoff's captivating account of her years as a San Francisco Court Commissioner. The book's title was taken from the graffiti left by a disgruntled litigant on the courthouse bathroom wall, much to the amusement of observers, including Agatha herself. From the recurrent parade of prostitutes she recognized on a first-name basis, to the out-of-towners trying to navigate a day in the city, Agatha captures it all with her keen eye for detail and wry sense of humor.
- Author BiographyAgatha Hoff fled war-torn Hungary during World War II with her family at the age of 10, eventually settling in San Francisco, which she still calls home. She graduated from the Sacred Heart Schools and Seattle University on full scholarship and received her law degree from San Francisco Law School. Early in her legal career, Agatha worked in poverty law where clients often abandoned her for a real lawyer (someone they paid). When she became a real lawyer, her personal injury clients termed it the armpit of the law. When she was appointed a court commissioner, her favorite moniker was a fascist terrorist cross-dressed in the cloak of justice. When at last a British tourist called her Your Worship, she thought she'd retire before it went to her head. She celebrated her retirement by going skydiving. After raising her four children and dispensing justice, Agatha found time to take long bike rides and write a regular column for the San Francisco Bar Association's quarterly magazine, as well as a book about her mother's Holocaust survival story, Burning Horses: A Hungarian Life Turned Upside Down. Her latest book, Judge* Hoff, Jesus Loves You, but the Rest of Us Think You're an A**hole! is a compilation of her Tales from the Bench columns for San Francisco Attorney Magazine. A lifelong community volunteer, she has worked with Suicide Prevention, Food Runners, the neonatal nursery at San Francisco General Hospital and the Volunteer Legal Services Program of the San Francisco Bar Association. Agatha is also an avid long-distance cyclist, averaging 5,000 miles a year in the Bay Area, as well as in many national and international locales. She lives with her husband, Irwin, in close proximity to the Golden Gate Bridge, where she can be seen riding on a regular basis. Contact Agatha Hoff at email@example.com.
- Author(s)Agatha Hoff
- Date of Publication17/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.