Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionA nice balance between the conceptual and empirical, as well as the theoretical and practical, Judicial Politics is a uniquely accessible and interesting reader. Featuring carefully selected articles from Judicature, this reader delivers the journalAes rewned diversity of opinion, accessibility of writing, and welcome blend of both scholarly and realuworld perspectives. Students will benefit from a varied and comprehensive set of views from judges, lawyers, law professors, and social scientists. Elliot Slotnick provides important background and context for each section of the book, covering such topics as actors in the system, the politics of representation, state courts, and judicial policymaking. The third editionAes articles (of which 29 are new) reflect alternateuand in some case, opposingupoints of view so that students can reflect more thoughtfully on the American justice system. Proven in the classroom, this new edition is useful for any course in judicial process, law and society, constitutional law, or judicial administration.
- Author BiographyElliot E. Slotnick is professor of political science and associate dean of the Graduate School at The Ohio State University, where he has taught since 1977. He earned his Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota in 1976. Slotnick is co-editor of Readings in American Government and Politics, Third Edition (1998) and co-author of Television News and the Supreme Court: All the News That's Fit to Air?, (1998). He has published widely in numerous political science, law, and policy journals. Presently, Slotnick is collaborating with Sheldon Goldman on a series of articles on judicial selection during the Clinton and Bush administrations. He has been a recipient of The Ohio State University's Outstanding Teacher Award as well as the Mentoring Award from the Law and Courts section of the American Political Science Association.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2005
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChatham House Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight1171 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byElliot E. Slotnick
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.