All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJugaad Invation is the most comprehensive book yet to appear on the subject [of frugal invation]. The Ecomist A frugal and flexible approach to invation for the 21st century Invation is a key directive at companies worldwide. But in these tough times, we can't rely on the old formula that has sustained invation efforts for decades expensive R&D projects and highly-structured invation processes. Jugaad Invation argues the West must look to places like India, Brazil, and China for a new approach to frugal and flexible invation. The authors show how in these emerging markets, jugaad (a Hindi word meaning an improvised solution born from ingenuity and cleverness) is leading to dramatic growth and how Western companies can adopt jugaad invation to succeed in our hypercompetitive world. * Outlines the six principles of jugaad invation: Seek opportunity in adversity, do more with less, think and act flexibly, keep it simple, include the margin, and follow your heart * Features twenty case studies on large corporations from around the world Google, Facebook, 3M, Apple, Best Buy, GE, IBM, Nokia, Procter & Gamble, PepsiCo, Tata Group, and more that are actively practicing jugaad invation * The authors blog regularly at Harvard Business Review; their work has been profiled in BusinessWeek, MIT Sloan Management Review, The Financial Times, The Ecomist, and more * Filled with previously untold and engaging stories of resourceful jugaad invators and entrepreneurs in emerging markets and the United States This groundbreaking book shows leaders everywhere why the time is right for jugaad to emerge as a powerful business tool in the West and how to bring jugaad practices to their organizations.
- Author BiographyNavi Radjou is an independent innovation and leadership consultant based in Palo Alto, California, and a fellow at Judge Business School, University of Cambridge. Jaideep Prabhu is Jawaharlal Nehru professor of Indian business and enterprise and director of the Centre for India & Global Business at Judge Business School, University of Cambridge. Simone Ahuja is the founder of Blood Orange, a marketing and strategy consultancy with content production capabilities headquartered in Minneapolis and Mumbai.
- Author(s)Jaideep Prabhu,Navi Radjou,Simone Ahuja
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication20/04/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight484 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Foreword byKevin Roberts
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.