CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- SynopsisEven after reading countless pregnancy books I still didn't understand what my labour would be like. All I really knew was it would be painful and scary. Then my obstetrician suggested I take Juju Sundin's birth skills classes. Juju gave me the knowledge to understand my body during labour and taught me about the physiology of pain and how to use her techniques to deal with it.' Sarah Murdoch If you're like most women, you'll go into labour with little knowledge of exactly what your body is doing and why, and how you can actively manage the pain and stay in control while helping your body do what it's designed to. That's whereBirth Skills Classcomes in, a step-by-step guide packed with information plus easy-to-learn, proven pain management skills. InBirth Skills Class, obstetric physiotherapist Juju Sundin shares the techniques she has pioneered over her 30-year career, while Sarah Murdoch takes you on a personal journey of her own labour and birth, describing how she learned the skills in the class then applied them on the big day. Whether it's your first baby or lucky last, you will learn: * how your body works in labour and why * how to turn fear into positive action so you stay in control * how to use movement, breathing, vocalisation, visualisation, keywords and other handy techniques * what to wear, what to take, and what questions to ask * how your partner can help, and working as a team * other women's experiences using Juju's techniques. Birth is all about the bigger picture -- educating and empowering yourself, giving it a try, doing it your way, and a healthy mother and baby.' Juju Sundin,Explanations about the physiology of pain and what techniques can help ease it help pregnant women understand what bodies experience during labor and what can be done to actively manage the pain. With a combination of professional advice from a 30-year career in obstetric therapy and recommendations from a program-participant's personal journey, this guidebook offers proven pain-management tips such as movement, breathing, vocalizing, and using stress balls and keywords. All types of birthing methods are describedincluding short and long labors, natural or epidural labors, and water births. This much-needed resource aids women to prepare for their biggest fearthe pain of laborand shows them not only how to get through it, but also illustrates the empowerment of managing such pain.,In birth skills, obstetric physiotherapist and Australia's leading expert in advanced labour pain-management, Juju Sundin shares the techniques she has pioneered over her 30 year career.
- AuthorJuju Sundin,Sarah Murdoch
- Number Of Pages288 pages
- Publication Date2008-09-01
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Publication Year20080000
- Copyright Date2007
- Weight31.4 Oz
- Height0.8 In.
- Width8.5 In.
- Length8 In.
- Dewey Decimal618.4
- Foreword byKeith Hartman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.