All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
- AU $27.23New
- AU $14.76New
- AU $23.87New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.51
- AU $21.80Trending at AU $30.46
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.01
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $36.30
- AU $32.29Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $44.34Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionTrapped in a boring job and living in a tiny apartment in New York, Julie Powell regularly finds herself weeping on the way home from work. Then one night, through her mascara-smudged eyes, Julie tices that the few items she's grabbed from the Korean grocery store are the very ingredients for Potage Parmentier, as described in Julia Childs' legendary cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking . And the project is born. Julie begins to cook - every one of the 524 recipes in the book, in the space of just one year. This is Julie's story, as gradually, from oeufs en cocotte to bifstek saute au beurre, from Bitch Rice to preparing live lobsters, she realises that this deranged project is changing her life. The richness of the thousands of sauces she slaves over is beginning to spread into her life, and she begins to find the joie de vivre that has been missing for too many years.
- Author BiographyAfter spending a long, long time working as a temp, Julie Powell now writes in her pyjamas in Long Island City, Queens, where she shares a loft apartment with her husband Eric, their dog Robert, their cats Maxine, Lumi and Cooper, and their snake Zuzu Marlene.
- PrizesWinner of Lulu Blooker Prize: Overall Winner 2006 and Lulu Blooker Prize: Non-Fiction 2006.
- Author(s)Julie Powell
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication22/02/2007
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date28/01/2010
- Weight224 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.