CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a young girl finds a sparkly rock buried in the dirt and discovers that it cleans to a beautiful quartz crystal, she is fascinated and becomes Julie the Rockhound. Join Julie as her dad shows her how to dig for minerals and explains the wonders of crystal formation. Combining clever wordplay with earth science, young readers learn about Earth s most abundant mineral treasure.
- Author BiographyGail Langer Karwoski(Water Beds, River Beds, andJulie the Rockhound) is an award-winning children s book writer. In addition toJulie the RockhoundandWater Beds: Sleeping in the Ocean(Mom s Choice Best Children s Picture Book Author for 2005), published by Arbordale, Gail has written six other books for young readers including: Tsumani: The True Story of an April Fool s Day DisasterandQuake!Disaster in San Francisco, 1906. Before becoming a full time author, Gail taught in Georgia public schools. She frequently returns to schools as a visiting author. Gail married a rockhound. On their honeymoon, they hiked through lush western forests and stark forests of petrified wood. They dove into foamy aquamarine waves in the Pacific Ocean and dug into crumbly turquoise deposits in the Southwestern desert. Since then, they ve gone treasure hunting for geodes, fossils, and crystals. At the schools where she taught, her classroom was famous because of the rock box. Now, as owners of a quartz deposit in South Carolina where visitors can try their luck at digging for crystals, Gail and her husband have watched hundreds of people both young and old delight in finding sparkly quartz crystals. She wroteJulie the Rockhoundto share this delight in our earth s treasures with children and their parents. Gail lives near the University of Georgia with her husband, two daughters, and three bossy cats.
- Author(s)Gail Langer Karwoski
- PublisherArbordale Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArbordale Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width220 mm
- Height266 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Lisa Downey
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.