Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.67Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.80Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by marlowes_books
- Est. delivery by 5 Feb
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis edition of one of Shakespeare's best kwn and most frequently performed plays argues for Julius Caesar as a new kind of political play, a radical departure from contemporary practice, combining fast action and immediacy with compelling rhetorical language, and finding a clear context for its study of tyranny in the last decade of the reign of Elizabeth 1. The richly experimental verse and the complex structure of the play are analysed in depth, and a strong case is made for this to be the first play to be performed at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre.'Daniell's edition is a hefty piece of serious scholarship that makes a genuine contribution.'Eric Rasmussen, University of Nevada at Re, Shakespeare Survey'This is a stimulating new look at a play which is too often exhibited in a critical museum.' Paul Dean, English Studies
- Author BiographyDavid Daniell is Emeritus Professor of English at the University of London and Honorary Fellow of Hertford College, Oxford. For 25 years he taught Shakespeare and much else at University College London. He has been Visiting Professor at King's College London, and Visiting Fellow at Magdalen College, Oxford. He has taught at Dartmouth College, and lectured widely in Europe, the US, and the UK. His publications include books on Coriolanus and The Tempest, and many articles on Shakespeare. He has written extensively on the English Bible, particularly its first translator, William Tyndale.
- Author(s)William Shakespeare
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/06/1998
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleThe Arden Shakespeare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArden Shakespeare
- Weight431 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Volume editorDavid Daniell
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.