All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJulius Finn was born in Russian Poland, and came to New York in 1887 at the age of 16. From a humble start as a street peddler on the Lower East Side, Finn swiftly rose to become New York's champion chess master and one of the country's best blindfold chess entertainers. Finn's chess success contributed to the rise of the chess scene in the Big Apple in the early twentieth century, and he fared equally well in business, parlaying his skills into a highly successful career. Along with a foreword by John S. Hilbert, this biography of Finn in America includes analysis of 96 of his chess games - most of them previously unkwn or little studied - line drawings of game situations, and photographs.
- Author BiographyAward-winning journalist Olimpiu G. Urcan writes for Chess Cafe, Quarterly for Chess History, Chess Monthly and New in Chess Magazine. A Romanian native, he lives in Singapore.
- Author(s)Olimpiu G. Urcan
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2010
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notephotos, diagrams, notes, bibliography, indexes
- Weight658 g
- Width187 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byJohn S. Hilbert
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.