All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of simple to use and fun activities will jumpstart pupils' understanding of the historical skills of chrology, enquiry, historical inference and kwledge and understanding of people, places and time. History is an effective way to engage pupils in a topic and can act as a fantastic hook for learning. This book will enable you to make history a fundamental part of your classroom, to enhance t only the pupils' historical understanding but also to deepen their understanding in other subjects. Areas covered include:- * Egyptians * Ancient Greeks and Romans * Saxons, Vikings and Normans * Stone Age * Bronze Age * Iron Age * Tudors and Stuarts * Victorians * World War Two * Post-War Britain This indispensable classroom resource will celebrate history and give children the opportunity to experience the thrill of finding out about the past. It will be a lifeline to any classroom teacher looking to teach history in a fun and exciting way.
- Author BiographySarah Whitehouse has worked in the primary classroom for a decade and was the first teacher in Wales to be awarded the Gold Quality Mark for Geography for her school. She has a number of publications specialising in primary history and geography and is currently PGCE Primary Programme Leader for Primary and Early Years (Humanities Specialist) at the University of the West of England in Bristol. Karan Vickers-Hulse has been a primary school teacher for 15 years, most recently as a Deputy Head. She has written a number of publications for KCP Publications and is currently Senior Lecturer in Primary English and UG Programme Leader for Primary and Early Years at the University of the West of England in Bristol.
- Author(s)Karen Vickers-Hulse,Sarah Whitehouse
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/11/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleJumpstart
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 39 black & white tables, 12 black & white halftones
- Weight317 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJane Carter,Rebecca Kingsley-Jones
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.