All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of engaging and simple to use activities will help teachers to develop children's mental and emotional wellbeing while also including the thinking skills necessary for learning. The authors show how developing such skills within the context of a wellbeing agenda aids children's motivation, their ability to concentrate and their willingness to explore, investigate and question, bringing huge benefits for children's sense of achievement, self-confidence and resilience. Drawing on a wealth of practical activities that include both creative and critical ways of thinking, chapters cover: * Wellbeing in the Classroom; * Emotional Resourcefulness; * Relaxation and Meditation; * Mindfulness and Reflectiveness; * Being Well. Jumpstart! Wellbeing is a treasure trove of fun activities and ideas for building wellbeing and its constituent skills into the curriculum.
- Author BiographySteve Bowkett is a former teacher and the author of numerous books for teachers including the bestselling Jumpstart! Creativity. He also works as an Educational Consultant specialising in the areas of thinking skills and problem solving, creativity and literacy. Kevin Hogston is Head Teacher at Collis Primary School in Teddington, UK. He has worked in primary education for almost 20 years, including the role of an Advanced Skills Teacher for Emotional Wellbeing.
- Author(s)Kevin Hogston,Steve Bowkett
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/08/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleJumpstart!
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 21 black & white halftones, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight240 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.