All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an in-depth overview of the creation and development of Mozart's opera The Magic Flute by artist and ceramicist Jun Kaneko. In 2009 the San Francisco Opera commissioned Kaneko to create a contemporary The Magic Flute which took him on a three-year journey to realize this new hightech production. The book documents this process from the very first artist sketches until the opening night production on stage in San Francisco. This fascinating and exciting journey is recorded in numerous colour photographs, which are accompanied by essays that address the production's creation and place it in the context of the age of Enlightenment, when Mozart created this remarkable opera.
- Author BiographyJun Kaneko is a Japanese ceramic artist. Born in Nagoya, Japan in 1942, he came to the United States in 1963. Kaneko has taught at various U.S. art schools, including Scripps College, Cranbrook Academy of Art and Rhode Island School of Design and established his current studio in Omaha, Nebraska, in 1990 where he primarily works.
- Author(s)Jun Kaneko
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication28/05/2012
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Weight1050 g
- Width225 mm
- Height314 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.