All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Jungfraujoch in Switzerland is located high on the Aletsch Glacier, the longest glacier in the Alps, surrounded by the famous trio of mountains - the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau. 650,000 visitors from all over the world step out on the Junfraujoch each year following the train ride on the Jungfrau railway from Kleine Scheidegg through the torious and world famous rth face of Eiger until it reaches the highest train station in Europe. It is one of the most popular train journeys in the world. The history of the Jungfrau railway, thanks to the visionary pioneer Adolf Guyer-Zeller, is unique in the development of railway engineering. This book marks the 100-year anniversary of the Jungfrau railway in 2012 and shows the development of the line from the beginning. The area was recognised in 2001 as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the unique mountain scenery and landscape around the Jungfrau railway occupies a central place in the book. This is a comprehensive, informative and beautifully designed book, written by well-kwn authors and rewned photographers. It is written in English and German languages and supported with 200 photos.
- Author(s)Beat Moser,Peter Krebs,Rainer Rettner,Werner Catrina
- PublisherAS Verlag
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- LanguageEnglish & German
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationZurich
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintAS Verlag
- Content Note200 photos
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $53.95Trending at AU $56.43
- AU $13.17Trending at AU $14.69
- AU $27.97Trending at AU $31.77
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $32.52
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.74
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.