Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.00
About this product
- DescriptionAt Cricklepit School Juniper feels safe with Ranjit and the reassuring presence of teachers like Mr. Merchant and Miss Plum. But at home life is sometimes as frightening as her dreams, which start like beautiful fairy tales but always end in terror. As a small child she always loved the story of 'The Juniper Tree', for all its sadness, feeling her name linked them together. Now it raises disturbing echoes in her life, and she dare t tell even Ranjit what she fears and hopes. Juniper is a powerful and haunting book which makes a table addition to Gene Kemp's stories about the pupils of Cricklepit School.
- Author BiographyGene Kemp has established herself as one of the most inventive and imaginative of British children's writers. She was born in 1926 and grew up in Staffordshire. After studying at Exeter University she taught, married and had three children. She is best-known for her Cricklepit School stories, including The Turbulent Term of Tyke Tiler, a winner of the Carnegie Medal and the Children's Rights Award, Charlie Lewis Plays for Time, which was runner-up for the Whitbread Award in 1985, and Just Ferret, which was a runner-up for the Smarties Award in 1990. In addition, she has written The Clock Tower Ghost, Jason Bodger and the Priory Ghost (short stories) and a poetry anthology. She also writes for TV and radio. In 1984 she was awarded an honorary degree for her books, which have been translated into numerous languages. She lives in Devon.
- Author(s)Gene Kemp
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication22/01/2009
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.