All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.64Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
- AU $38.59Trending at AU $44.44
About this product
- DescriptionThere's need for expensive, high-tech lab equipment to conduct chemistry experimentsyou probably have all you need in your home junk drawer. Turn an old LED flashlight into an Energy Drink Tester using aluminum foil and electrical tape. Mix cornstarch and water to make Non-Newtonian Goo. Use a 9-volt battery and thumbtacks to break water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen. Create edible Sweet Crystals from a saturated sugar solution. Or construct your own Three-Penny Battery from galvanized washers, pennies, vinegar, and scrap cardboard. Here are more than 50 great hands-on experiments that can be performed for just pennies ...or less. Each project has a materials list, detailed step-by-step instructions with illustrations, and a brief explanation of the scientific principle being demonstratedatoms, compounds, solutions, mixtures, reactions, thermodynamics, acids and bases, and more.
- Author BiographyBobby Mercerhas been sharing the fun of science for more than two decades as a high school physics teacher. He is the author of Junk Drawer Physics, a 2015 AAAS/Subaru SB&F Prize finalist; The Flying Machine Book; and The Racecar Book.
- Author(s)Bobby Mercer
- PublisherChicago Review Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChicago Review Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.