All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEven before they immigrate to America, Hanna and her family dream of the new life they will have there. You will see, Hanna, Papa said. There are streets of gold. But when they arrive, they find life very different from what they had imagined. Their apartment is small and Hanna and her brothers must sleep on a mattress on the floor. Mama spends her days knitting shawls and sweaters to sell on the streets but one stops to buy. And Papa can find work. Hanna looks everywhere for the gold Papa promised them but it is t to be found. What will happen to their dream of a new, better life in America? One day a seemingly insignificant find on a slushy street leads to an opportunity for a brighter future. And like many others before them, Hanna and her family realize that through small steps and hard work they can make their American dream come true.
- Author(s)Sonia Levitin
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleTales of Young Americans
- Place of PublicationFlorence, KY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSleeping Bear Press
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width236 mm
- Height288 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Guy Porfirio
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.