Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionCamden Town, the late 1980s, a hinterland of rundown squats, petty crime and hard drugs - amid this sordid milieu, junkies Phil and Cissy go about their daily routine of sex, shooting up and dodging the police. For a while they have each other and thing else seems to matter. But as their addictions worsen, money runs short and Cissy's psychotic ex-boyfriend is released from prison, their relationship begins to disintegrate into mutual distrust and loathing...Raw, repellent and yet shot through with mordant wit, Junkie Love is Phil Shoenfelt's semi-fictionalised account of the heroin addiction that almost cost him his sanity and his life.
- Author BiographyPhil Shoenfelt was born in Bradford, England, in December 1952. After colliding with the London punk scene in the mid-1970s, he moved to New York where he played in several punk and post-punk bands, such as Khmer Rouge. Returning to London in 1984, he continued making music until encroaching heroin addiction brought a temporary halt to all artistic activities. Finally kicking the habit after eleven years, he embarked upon a solo career and in 1995 moved to Prague. In recent years he has produced several CDs of his music on various independent labels: solo; with his band, Southern Cross; and with the Berlin-based Australian group Fatal Shore. Junkie Love is Shoenfelt's first novel.
- PrizesWinner of Firecracker Alternative Book (FAB) Award: Drugs Category 2002.
- Author(s)Phil Shoenfelt
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication05/07/2007
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight155 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.