All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor four years during the 1970s Ted Simon rode a motorcycle around the world - at a time when such long-distance rides were still very rare. He wrote about his adventures first in occasional reports to The Sunday Times and then in his book Jupiter's Travels (Penguin), which has become revered as a classic of travel writing. Ted took two small Pentax film cameras with him, but only a handful of his several thousand colour photographs have ever been published - hence this book. Here Ted retells the story of his epic adventure through his favourite photographs.
- Author BiographyBorn to a German mother and a Romanian father, Ted Simon was brought up in England through World War II. He soon found himself impelled by an insatiable desire to explore the world that led him to abandon an early scientific career in favour of journalism, and he has worked for several newspapers and magazines on Fleet Street and elsewhere. He is also the author of The Chequered Year, Riding High, The River Stops Here, The Gypsy in Me and Rolling Through The Isles.
- Author(s)Ted Simon
- PublisherHaynes Publishing Group
- Date of Publication21/08/2013
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ H Haynes & Co Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1315 g
- Width250 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.