Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.46Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the Europeans who were first attracted to the area to Daniel Burnham's solutions to overcrowding and transportation problems, this book walks through the history of Chicago. With 15 Investigations that explore creeks, prairies, forts, fires, and the world's fair, the book helps children develop interpretative skills through a range of social studies. It answers questions such as How was the first community in Chicago started? What caused Chicago to boom? and What is meant by a century of progress ? , prompting deeper research into the stories and landmarks kids hear and see in the Windy City. Written in alignment with state-mandated, local-history curriculum requirements for school-age children, the book is ideal for young Chicagoland residents who want to kw more about their city.
- Author Biography<p>Renee Kreczmer is a social studies teacher for the Chicago Public School District and has assisted in its social studies curriculum development. She has attended educational workshops with the Chicago Architecture Foundation and Chicago History Museum and has completed coursework in Chicago history at Roosevelt University. For 15 years, she has been developing materials and methods for teaching the mandated Chicago curriculum to her third-grade students. She lives in Chicago.
- Author(s)Renee Kreczmer
- PublisherLake Claremont Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLake Claremont Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.