All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA patchwork tour of a legendary playwright, poet and activist's life in the theatre. It is a fascinating first-hand account of groundbreaking productions featuring figures like Kenneth Tynan, Peter Brook and Peter Hall as well as adventures in alternative theatre. These writings explore Adrian's many interests, in a voice that combines playful irreverence with compassion and insight.
- Author BiographyADRIAN MITCHELL was an English poet, novelist and playwright. A former journalist, he became the foremost poet of the country's anti-Bomb movement, called 'the British Mayakovsky' by critic Kenneth Tynan. In his playwriting career Adrian Mitchell wrote many plays for young people, including Snow White, The Pied Piper & The Mammoth Sails Tonight. His dramatisation of C.S. Lewis' The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe opened at the RSC in Stratford-upon-Avon to rave reviews. Adrian died in 2008, however neither he, nor his writing, will be forgotten.
- Author(s)Adrian Mitchell
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication14/10/2011
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Masters
- Weight249 g
- Width130 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.