Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionJust David is a 1916 children's vel by Elear H. Porter. It was among the top six bestsellers in cities across the United States in 1916, and in July 1916 it was the second bestselling vel. Originally published by Houghton Mifflin, it tells the story of a young boy, David, who must learn to adapt to living with others after the death of his recluse father; along the way, the villagers and his adoptive parents adopt as much or more to him. Though criticized by reviewers as mush and too perfectly lovely, the vel was very popular in the early half of the twentieth century in middle and high schools, and has recently seen a number of reprints. The vel was transcribed in Braille in 1922, and translated in Chinese and Russian.
- Author BiographyEleanor Hodgeman Porter was a popular American novelist trained as a singer but later turned to writing. Porter mainly wrote children's literature and is very famous amongst juvenile readers as well.
- Author(s)Eleanor Porter
- Date of Publication16/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.