All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt ninety, musician and singer Tony Bennett is as vibrant and productive as ever. In addition to his prodigious musical output, including albums, concerts, and personal appearances, this beloved and enduring artist has written his next book. In 2012's Life Is a Gift, Tony reflected on the lessons he has learned over the years. Now, in Just Getting Started, he pays homage to the remarkable people who inspired those lessons. In his warm and inviting voice, Tony talks about who and what have enriched his own life, including Charlie Chaplin, Judy Garland, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Cole Porter, Amy Winehouse, Fred Astaire, Lady Gaga, members of his family, significant places, and more. Just Getting Started chronicles the relationship Tony has enjoyed with each one of these legends, entertainers, humanitarians, and loved ones, and reveals how the lessons and values they imparted have invaluably shaped his life. As enchanting and unforgettable as his music, Just Getting Started is a beautiful compilation of reflections every Bennett fan will treasure, and a perfect introduction for those just getting to kw this remarkable star and humanitarian.
- Author BiographyTony Bennett has sold millions of albums, earned multiple platinum and gold records, and won two Emmy Awards as well as seventeen Grammys, including the Recording Academy's prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award. He was also named a Kennedy Center Honoree. Scott Simon is the New York Times bestselling author of Unforgettable: A Son, a Mother, and the Lessons of a Lifetime. He is one of America's most admired writers and broadcasters, having reported from all over the world and from many wars. He is now the award-winning host of Weekend Edition Saturday. With more than four million listeners, it is the most-listened-to news program on National Public Radio. Simon has won Peabody and Emmy Awards for his reporting.
- Author(s)Scott Simon,Tony Bennett
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication09/03/2017
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight564 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.