All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA rare look at emotional bullying among boys from the best-selling author of My Secret Bully.D.J.'s friend Vince has a habit of teasing D.J. and then saying, Just kidding! as if it will make everything okay. It doesn't, but D.J. is afraid that if he protests, his friends will think he can't take a joke. With the help of his father, brother, and an understanding teacher, D.J. progresses from feeling helpless to taking positive action, undermining the power of two seemingly harmless words. Trudy Ludwig takes ather look at relational aggression, the use of relationships to manipulate and hurt others, this time from the boy's point of view.
- Back matter includes discussion questions, a dos and don'ts of teasing list, and a resource guide for parents and teachers.
- Endorsed by Full Esteem Ahead, The Hands & Words Are Not For Hurting Project, and The Ophelia Project.
- Author BiographyTRUDY LUDWIG is the author of many books for children, including My Secret Bully and Confessions of a Former Bully. An active member of the International Bullying Prevention Association, she is a sought-after speaker who collaborates frequently with organizations like The Ophelia Project, Hands & Words Are Not For Hurting Project, and Putting Family First. Trudy has been profiled on national television, radio, and in newsprint, and her books have received the Mom's Choice Gold Award, the CCBC's Best of the Best award, and have been recognized as NCSS-CBC Notable Social Studies Books for Young People. ADAM GUSTAVSON is an illustrator who lives in West Orange, New Jersey, with his family. This is his second book with Tricycle Press.
- Author(s)Adam Gustavson,Charise Mericle Harper,Trudy Ludwig
- PublisherTricycle Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2006
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTricycle Press
- Content Notecol
- Weight308 g
- Width203 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.64Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
- AU $38.59Trending at AU $44.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.