All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGlobalisation and consumerism affect every area of our lives. But it's t just about shopping; these powerful forces shape our personal lives, how we relate to one ather, how we view the world - and they are having a seriously detrimental impact both on the lives of the global poor, and on the health of the planet itself. Every Christian in every generation down through the history of the church has had to work out what it means to be a follower of Jesus in their particular culture; for us in the twenty-first century, we must think about discipleship in a globalised, consumerist context. Environmentalist and theologian Ruth Valerio examines these issues in a book that is intellectually rigorous yet practical, and as inspiring as it is challenging.
- Author BiographyRuth Valerio is a community activist, Christian, academic, eco-warrior, mum, author, veg grower, wife and pig keeper rolled into one. She is Churches and Theology Director for A Rocha UK and a Director of Cred Jewellery, the world's first fairtrade jewellery company. She has written extensively on justice, environment and lifestyle issues for magazines such as Christianity and Third Way, and has published a bestselling book on sustainable living, L is for Lifestyle.
- Author(s)Ruth Valerio
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Weight438 g
- Width178 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.