Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.11Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe coming-of-age story of an ancient Greek woman who discovers the joy of being herself As a young woman in ancient Greece, Myrto is doubly cursed to have been born a mortal and a female. When her father dies leaving dowry for her to marry, Myrto's brother decides to give her to his former teacher, Socrates, as a second wife. Spending much of her time away from her new home in an attempt to avoid Socrates' cruel, first wife, Myrto soon strikes up an intellectual friendship with Plato. Although she wants thing more than a friend, he has designs on more. Now Myrto must discover where she belongs in this quickly changing world and decide if she will accept the lot she has been given by her family, succumb to romantic love, or pave the way for women of the future to live better and less subjugated lives.
- Author BiographyLaurie Gray has worked as a high school teacher, a deputy prosecuting attorney, and the founder of Socratic Parenting LLC (www.SocraticParenting.com). In addition to writing, speaking and consulting, Laurie currently works as a bilingual child forensic interviewer at her local Child Advocacy Center and as an adjunct professor of criminal sciences at Indiana Tech. She has served on the faculty of the National Symposium for Child Abuse in Huntsville, Alabama, annually since 2009.
- Author(s)Laurie Gray
- PublisherLuminis Books, Incorporated
- Date of Publication16/05/2014
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationCarmel, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLuminis Books, Incorporated
- Weight299 g
- Width139 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.