All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionWith a gift for creating ubtrusive settings that reflect the individual style of her sitters, Gemma Levine's career has encompassed hundreds of encounters with the most well-kwn and fascinating people in Britain. As Sir John Gielgud has said, 'It is an unexpected pleasure to submit oneself to an artist whom one can relax with on such easy terms and whose pictures are so successfully expressive.' Her unique relationship with the sculptor Henry Moore led her to create intimate photographs of his working practices over a ten-year period, until his death in 1986. These insightful and personal images documenting his creative process are w held at the Tate, where Gemma Levine lectures on the sculptor, providing invaluable insights into his work during his later years. She has also spent many years visiting and photographing Israel and its people. In this rich and diverse memoir, these fascinating tales are recounted alongside the striking imagery with which she has made her name.Incorporating personal reflections, amusing anecdotes and handwritten letters from the great and the good, along with observations on the complex relationship between photographer and sitter, this stunning book is a treat for photography enthusiasts, and anyone interested in British arts and society over the past 30 years.
- Author BiographyGemma Levine has published 20 books and shown over 60 exhibitions around the world, including a celebration of 25 years of her work at the National Portrait Gallery in 2001. She lectures at Tate Britain and images from her extensive archive are regularly seen in the media; most recently, her portrait of Margaret Thatcher was chosen for the cover of Robin Harris's 2013 biography of the former prime minister.
- Author(s)Gemma Levine
- PublisherElliott & Thompson Limited
- Date of Publication20/03/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElliott & Thompson Limited
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1061 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.