All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJust So Stories is a collection of Rudyard Kipling's animals tales in which we learn about 'How the Whale Got His Throat', 'How the Camel Got His Hump', 'How the Rhiceros Got His Skin', 'How the Leopard Got His Spots', 'The Elephant's Child', 'The Sing-Song of Old Man Kangaroo', 'The Beginning of the Armadillos', 'How the First Letter Was Written', 'How the Alphabet Was Made', 'The Crab That Played with the Sea', 'The Cat That Walked by Himself' and 'The Butterfly That Stamped'. These witty, inventive stories have delighted generations of children. Gloriously illustrated with line artwork, with a specially commissioned foreword by Katherine Rundell and a ribbon marker, this beautiful hardback Macmillan Classics edition of Rudyard Kipling's Just So Stories, which was first published by Macmillan in 1902, is a truly special gift to treasure.
- Author BiographyRudyard Kipling was born in Bombay in December 1865. He returned to India from England shortly before his seventeenth birthday to work as a journalist. Throughout his life his works enjoyed great acclaim. The Jungle Book was first published by Macmillan in 1894 and Just So Stories in 1902.
- Author(s)Rudyard Kipling
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleMacmillan Children's Classics
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Children's Books
- Weight348 g
- Width136 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.