All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the initial success of The Jungle Book, Rudyard Kipling published the collection of parables Just So Stories. He first entertained his own children with these delightful and humorous tales before deciding to write them down for publication. The stories are written in the form of what came to be also kwn as pourqoui (French for why ) stories, each explaining how and why things came to be as they are. From How the Camel Got His Hump to the classic How the Whale Got His Throat, Kipling masterfully tells these origin stories, describing how each of these animals developed their distinct characteristics. This classic collection also includes stories featuring other subjects such as the beginnings of the alphabet and the first letter. Kipling spins anecdotes which envisioned intriguing animals and exotic jungles that still resonate with readers today. This volume also features thirteen full-color illustrations and more than thirty black-and-white illustrations by J. M. Gleeson and Paul Bransom, as well as several images created by Kipling himself. With their entertaining characters and well-executed narrative arcs, these tales are perfect for readers both young and old--to read separately and, more importantly, together.
- Author BiographyRudyard Kipling was born in Bombay, India, in 1865. Kipling was one of the most revered writers in recent history, and many of his works are deemed classic literature. To this day, he maintains an avid following and reputation as one of the greatest storytellers of the past two centuries. He published hundreds of short stories, novels, and poetry collections, including the short story The Man Who Would Be King and the famed poem If. In 1907, he received the Nobel Prize for Literature. He died in 1936, but his stories live on--even nearly one hundred years after his passing. J. M. Gleeson and Paul Bransom were both illustrators during the early 1900s.
- Author(s)Rudyard Kipling
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication20/09/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight728 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Illustrator(s)Paul Bransom,J. M. Gleeson
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 1
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $15.43Trending at AU $16.58
- AU $62.47Trending at AU $74.67
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.57
- AU $40.76Trending at AU $46.25
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.75
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.50
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $44.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.