All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow to succeed at work and life--in an increasingly unpredictable world In a world where you can longer plan or predict your way to success, how can you achieve your most important goals? It's a daunting question. But in today's environment, where change is the only constant, it's a question everyone must answer. This is true whether you are an invator or an entrepreneur, a manager or a newly minted graduate. The first step, say the authors of this book, is this: Just start. In other words, take action w and learn as you go. Written by a trio of seasoned business leaders, Just Start combines fascinating research with proven practices to deliver a reliable method for helping you advance toward your goals--despite the uncertainty that is all too common today. Babson College President Leonard Schlesinger, organizational learning expert Charles Kiefer, and veteran journalist Paul B. Brown share their own deep and varied experiences and draw from a source where striving amid constant uncertainty actually works: the world of serial entrepreneurship. In this world, people don't just think differently--they act differently, as well. Using this vel approach, Just Start will help you: * Determine the best strategy and tactics when the future is uncertain * Minimize financial risk in every decision you make * Attract like-minded people to what you want to do (and learn why this is important) * Understand why Act. Learn. Build (so you can) Act again is the best course of action when facing the unkwn So throw out your forecasting tools and shrug off that nagging frustration that comes with constant uncertainty. Just Start distills for you the very essence of what makes people successful in today's volatile environment. This book is your guide to achieving your goals--whether your project is professional or personal, or somewhere in between.
- Author BiographyLeonard A. Schlesinger is the twelfth president of Babson College, widely recognized as the world's leading educational institution for entrepreneurship. He formerly served as vice chairman and chief operating officer of Limited Brands. Charles F. Kiefer is president of Innovation Associates and a regular advisor to global companies on leveraging the human side of their enterprises. Paul B. Brown is a long-time contributor to the New York Times and a former writer and editor for BusinessWeek, Financial World, Forbes, and Inc.
- Author(s)Charles F. Kiefer,Leonard A. Schlesinger
- PublisherHarvard Business Review Press
- Date of Publication20/03/2012
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Business Review Press
- Weight428 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.